Global Fire Equipment
- Sitio dos Barrabés, Armazém Nave Y, Caixa Postal 908-Z, São Brás de Alportel, 8150-016 , Portugal
What was to become Global Fire Equipment was started by João Paulo Ajami in Denmark in the spring of 1994 and went through a series of mutations in the quest to become a world player in the development and manufacture of leading edge fire alarm equipment.
At the end of 2007, the company became a Public Listed Company, with fully audited accounts and having three main Shareholders: João Paulo Ajami, Luis Magalhães and Pedro Coutinho, respectively Commercial, Production and Financial Directors.
With a team of R&D engineers with capabilities ranging from electronic hardware creation to plastic and metal parts design, we are able to implement OEM solutions tailored to the needs of our customer base which is spread across 75 countries in all Continents.
Presently, Global Fire Equipment is a leading player in the fire detection systems market, with both addressable analogue and conventional ranges of fire alarm control panels and ancillary devices.
GFE detectors are analogue detectors and hence transmit an analogue value to the panel corresponding to the quantity of smoke or heat being measured. The value can be monitored on function 7.1.
- To diagnose this fault condition follow these steps:
- Disconnect all cables connected to the panel and supply it only through the batteries.
- Wait about 5 minutes and check the earth leakage fault persists.
- Check voltage between Earth and ground terminals. This value must be
between 6V and 8V DC, if not, the motherboard needs to be inspected at GFE.
- If the test of section 3 has been satisfactory connect the main power 230 VAC and repeat the test of point 3, if the value is out of limits the problem is in the mains power supply.
- Connect a set of cables (loop, sounder circuit, communication, etc) to the panel one-by-one, repeating the test of point 3 until the measured voltage is not correct, then you have found the location of the fault.
- Locate the cause of the failure by checking the possible causes listed related FAQ.