CAST Optical Smoke Detector
The CAST Optical Smoke Detector from C-TEC is a high-quality multi-sensor fire detector offering outstanding detection performance at a very competitive price.
- Manufactured by C-TEC in the UK.
- Third-party certified to EN54-5 and 7 by Intertek (also tested to pr-EN54-29)
- Wide 6-33V DC operating voltage.
- Two 8mm x 2mm ultra-bright red LED indicating strips offering 360º visibility.
- Drift compensation functionality ensures detector sensitivity is automatically calibrated to suit prevailing conditions and/or increased contamination levels.
- Incorporates a heat and smoke sensor making it deal for detecting a wide range of fires whilst also reducing false alarms.
- Compatible with our ActiV C4408D diode, C4408 non-diode and C4408R relay bases.
Technical Specifications of the CAST Optical Smoke Detector:
- Approvals/certifications Certified to EN54-5 & 7 by Intertek (0359-CPR-00183)
- Application/operation As well as operating independently, the C4414’s smoke & heat sensors combine to produce a sensitive response to freely burning fires, e.g. when a rise in heat is detected, its smoke response level reduces for improved detection and reduced false alarms
- Application temperature 25°C typical, 50°C max
- Static response temperature 54°C min, 65°C max
- Sensitivity Nominal alarm threshold of 0.16db/m obscuration measured in accordance with EN54-7:2000
- Supply wiring 2-wire monitored, polarity sensitive
- Supply/operating voltage 6 to 33V DC
- Quiescent current 30µA @ 24 VDCAlarm voltage 6-33V DCAlarm current 19mA @ 12-33V DC; 11mA @ 9V DC; 2.5mA@ 6V DCAlarm reset voltage Less than 1V DC (+0.5 seconds alarm reset time)Expansion connections Remote LED output available via ActiV base
- Current source to the negative line, short-circuit protected
- Max voltage 2.7V DCProduct dimensions (mm) 102.2mm diameter x 37mm deep (detector in base); 102.2mm diameter x 57.5mm deep
- Construction & finish White polycarbonate casing rated to UL94 V-2 with nylon parts
- IP Rating IP42
- Weight 99g
Fill out the form below and we will contact you with further details on this product and its manufacture..
Other products from C-TEC
C-TEC is one of the UK’s leading independent manufacturers of life safety equipment. Our products include fire alarm control panels, disabled refuge/emergency voice communication systems, disabled persons toilet alarms and staff protection systems.