EN54-4 A2 Power Supplies
Fire legislation in most European countries states any power supply performing a mandatory function of a fire alarm system must comply with EN54-4 A2 Power Supplies. As such, any power supply controlling a beam detector, auto-dial communicator, aspirating smoke detector, auto-open ventilation system or auxiliary sounder system must comply with this standard.
C-TEC’s range of cost-effective, third-party approved EN54-4 A2 Power Supplies include a host of user and installer friendly features. Five versions are available, four 24V models rated at 1.5A (two types), 3A and 5A, and a 12V 2A model which has an optional STU mounting plate for auto-dial applications.
All five versions are certified to EN54-4:1997/A2:2006 by the VdS or LPCB (as indicated) and are therefore fully compliant with all relevant European directives including the EMC, LVD and CPD (Construction Products) directives.
Optional ‘PCB’ and ‘caged’ PSUs with exactly the same electronics as our certified PSUs are also available from C-Tec.
Key features of C-TEC’s EN54-4 power supply range
- Low current consumption
- Deep discharge battery protection and EN54 compliant reporting of battery impedance faults
- Single-pole volt-free changeover relay that switches for any fault condition
- Three LED indicators – supply present, general fault and auxiliary fault (for optional connection to third-party equipment)
- Link selectable battery charging capacity
- Environmentally-friendly charging circuit – dissipates just 0.35W compared to the industry norm of around 2.55W.
- Optional STU mounting plate (for 12V 2A model only)
- Optional high-temperature output activates when internal box temperature reaches 55oC, for connection to ventilation fans, etc.
- Optional handheld status reader (shows internal temperature, charging voltage and current of connected PSU). Serial data link also provided for third-party OEM equipment
- All boxed versions third-party certified to EN54-4 (1997/A2:2006) by the VdS or LPCB
- Optional ‘PCB’ and ‘caged’ PSUs available with exactly the same electronics as our certified PSUs (PSUs with higher charging capacities also available to special order)
Fill out the form below and we will contact you with further details on this product and its manufacture..
Other products from C-TEC
C-TEC is one of the UK’s leading independent manufacturers of life safety equipment. Our products include fire alarm control panels, disabled refuge/emergency voice communication systems, disabled persons toilet alarms and staff protection systems.