Passive Fire Protection Awards 2018
Created on Wednesday, July 18, 2018 and posted in Event News
The Association for Specialist Fire Protection is seeking nominations for its range of Passive Fire Protection Industry Awards 2018 which aim to highlight excellence in passive fire protection and to reward those who contribute to the advancement of awareness, quality and education within the sector.
Following the successful launch of two categories of award last year, the Association has now broadened its range of awards to five, which include:
- Passive Fire Protection Advocate of the Year: Open to all involved in fire safety in the built environment, the awards aims to reward an individual who can demonstrate that they are a major advocate of high quality installed PFP. The nomination should include evidence of activities undertaken during the 2018 calendar year to raise awareness, educate and promote high quality passive fire protection.
- Fellowship of the ASFP: Open to ASFP members only, this will be awarded to an individual who has been influential within the industry during the calendar year 2018 and has constantly excelled in contributing with a functional, technical and strategic ability to the advancement of ASFP. It will be awarded to a member who has shown leadership and long-term awareness of the industry’s needs.
- Member Contribution of the Year: This will be awarded to an ASFP member who has participated directly in ASFP events such as speaking at the seminars, attended meetings. The ASFP member will also have actively engaged and supported ASFP throughout 2018.
- Passive Fire Innovation of the Year: Open to ASFP members only, this will be awarded to an ASFP member company who has an exceptional example of an innovative passive fire protection product or service. For example, an installation method, new software or a new product. The nomination should include evidence, impact and availability of the product/service during the 2018 calendar year.
- Best Installation Project 2018: This will be awarded to an ASFP member who has undertaken the best installation project. Criteria to be considered include: difficulties encountered in installation (access, special site requirements, challenging conditions, product difficulties); overall quality of the installation; documentation to show that the installation has been verified e.g. by a third party and testimonials from satisfied clients.
Nominations are now open for all awards categories and can include self-nominations. All should provide evidence of activities, products and services undertaken during the 2018 calendar year. Please click here to download the appropriate nomination forms for completion. The closing date for all nominations is Friday 28th September 2018.
The winners of the 2018 ASFP Passive Fire Protection Industry Awards will be announced on Friday, 7 December 2018 at an Awards Lunch held in the Plaisterers Hall, London. The event, which attracts over 150 ASFP members, guests and industry partners, will be hosted by BBC broadcaster Steph McGovern.