Pilkington Pyroshield is our market leading wired glass for fire-resistance. Manufactured for more than 120 years it has been tried and tested in doors, partitions and windows in a wide range of buildings from schools to offices. A fire integrity only product, it will restrict the spread of flames and hot gases for up to 120 minutes when incorporated into a suitably tested or previously assessed fire rated insulating glazing unit. It is available in both clear and textured versions.
* The wire provides a positive visual sign that fire-resistant glass is present
* Enables fire hazards to be seen.
* Achieving over 60 minutes integrity in monolithic form when in suitable glazing systems.
* Pilkington Pyroshield™ Texture meets need for privacy or obscuration.
Additionally, Pilkington Pyroshield™ Safety has been specifically developed to meet impact safety requirements.
* Conforms to BS 6206: 1981 Class C.
* Has the added benefit of being a fire protection glass offering up to two hours integrity to BS 476: Part 22: 1987.
* Ideal for use in applications subject to safety regulations such as Parts N and B of the Building Regulations (for England and Wales).
* If hit with sufficient force the glass cracks but the glass remains held in place by the wire, reducing the risk of injury.
Fill out the form below and we will contact you with further details on this product and its manufacture..
Pilkington employs more than 4,000 people across the UK, in activities ranging from the manufacture of float, rolled and wired glass and more.